How to hostIf you’ve already gone to https://kahoot.com and logged in to your account, use the “Play” button for the kahoot you want to host. Then follow these 5 steps:
1. Adjust game options to your preferences, then choose “Classic” or “Team” mode.
2. Instruct everyone to follow on screen directions to join. Once they have, click “Start”.
3. Use the “next” button or spacebar on your keyboard to progress through the game.
4. At the end, celebrate the top scorers before you “get results”.
5. Players can rate the experience, and you can save results.
Tips on preparation
Since Kahoot! is an internet-based service, connectivity is crucial to a successful event. Here are some things you might want to check days/weeks prior to any planned large events:
- What internet options are available to you and your players, and how many players do you expect?
- What devices/browsers will everyone be using?
- Does the network(s) everyone will connect to the internet through have heightened security standards?
You can create your own kahoots to use, or save time by using existing public kahoots shared on the platform. If you choose to play a kahoot created by someone else, the best way to review questions, accuracy of info and relevance for your audience is by using our “preview” feature.
Practice to make perfect
Between questions, you can take time to discuss responses with your audience. It might be worth brainstorming about additional info to share during these moments to enhance learning.