Kahoot! Is typically played live in group settings. However, you can play alone too! You can use our iOS/Android app to play your kahoot on a single device, or use our preview option to host a live kahoot with a phone simulated on the same screen.
How to use the single-player mode in Kahoot! app
- Install the app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap on the kahoot you like (for example, one of the recommended games from the start screen or one you find through our search).
- Tap Play.
- Choose “Curious K!rew” - you’ll be playing on your own with our virtual characters Mal, Nancy, Shima and Robyn giving you company.
How to find the preview option
- Go to https://kahoot.com and log in to your account or sign up.
- Find the game you want to preview.
- Select the kahoot’s title or cover image to view more details.
- Use the more options button (three vertical dots) to find the Preview option.
How to preview a kahoot
- Select the Preview option.
- The left-side screen imitates the experience of hosting the kahoot.
- The right-side screen imitates a device you use as a controller when you play the kahoot.