Finding quality content might seem a bit puzzling at first. But with the info below, you should feel like an expert in no time!
We'll cover a few things here:
- Is everyone able to search?
- What are collections?
- Can I sort or filter my search results?
- Additional search tips
Is everyone able to search?
Search possibilities differ depending on the user type. Not all content can be thoroughly moderated by us before it's public. So we've put in some safeguards for young students. This means anyone in the U.S. under 13 or elsewhere under 16 should not be able to search. But they'll be able to browse featured content that we've vetted as both appropriate and awesome.
Top nav bar for those who can search:
Top nav bar for those who can't:
What are collections?
Collections are sets of kahoots. While signed in, you can browse through exclusive collections that refresh periodically by going to "Find Kahoots" in your tap nav bar.
We're also creating collections you can browse without an account in the Explore games section at kahoot.com!
Can I sort or filter my search results?
We don't currently offer ways to sort search results. Results are sorted primarily by the number of areas in a kahoot your search term exists, then prioritizing newer content first.
Filters will appear after you search for something. You can filter by:
Additional search tips
Did you know that you can search for someone's username to find all public kahoots they've made? You can also use the following operators in the search bar to change how your search terms are handled.
- AND : finds kahoots that include two keywords/phrases (Ex: math AND mental)
- OR : finds kahoots that include either of two keywords/phrases (Ex: math OR mental)
- "" : finds kahoots that include a specific phrase (Ex: "intro quiz")
- + : finds kahoots that include a keyword/phrase (Ex: +math +mental)
- - : finds kahoots that don't include a keyword/phrase (Ex: +math -mental)
- | : finds kahoots that include either of two keywords/phrases (Ex: math|mental)
- * : searches an unlimited number of characters in place of this symbol (Ex: *ham will find kahoots that include "Birmingham" as well as "sham")
- ? : searches a keyword with one character in place of this symbol (Ex: *ham will find kahoots that include "sham")