Before you start creating kahoots, be sure to install the Kahoot! Android or iOS mobile app, as well as having a Kahoot! account set up.
How it worksLet’s get to it! Check out our video tutorial on how to create a kahoot in our app.
Step 1: Access the creator toolOpen the Kahoot! app and click Create.
Step 2: Add some general information
- Title: Even if it’s for your eyes only, you’ll need to give your kahoot a name.
- Kahoot Settings: The gear next to the title field allows you to set the kahoot’s language and audience.
- Description: Here, you can get more wordy than the title - be sure to add a snappy description with keywords - which you can hashtag! - on your kahoot’s topic, language, grade level, etc.
- Cover image: This helps give some context to your kahoot, so be sure to pick something attention grabbing! The max resolution allowed is 3264px by 3264px.
- Visible to: This is where you can tell us if you want to keep your kahoot private, or make it available for others to view. If you are part of a Kahoot! for business account, you can also make your kahoot visible to your team.
Step 3: Add QuestionsWith these details added, we can get to the heart of every great kahoot: the questions and answers! Click Add question to get started.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner to toggle points on/off or delete the question
- Tap the timer to adjust the question time limit
- At Tap to add image or video, you can upload images from your device’s gallery or directly from your camera, or embed a YouTube video (start/end times must be in seconds only, not minutes and seconds, e.g. 1:15 should be 75)
- At Tap to add question, you can type in the question
- Tap each colored answer tile to add answer options and toggle which answer(s) is correct
- Tap Question # at the very top to review our Question checklist
- Tap Add Question to add more
- Edit existing questions at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the “<” button to go back to the general details page