Ideas

What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. quiz online with other people on public setting, private setting with pin code to play

when playing some of these quizzes id like to play against people, but i do like the pin coded games however my idea is: on public games anyone can join and play at the same time with a max of 10 or so people and on a private game keep the pin protected games for example if its a school quiz project they can just keep it within the class due to the code protection.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

49 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More agressive anti-hack / anti-bot development.

I had a pretty large-scale hack/spam attack during a big lecture today! My students (around 150 real players) managed to beat the 250-300 bots(faster more right answers). But If more bots had (e.g. 1000) joined the game we couldn't have played.
    Next time I will use the two-point acces option, but I can see that serveral "hackers"/students are working on developing ways around that!

You need to be on top of this! This could be the end of kahoot if you dont manage to stay on top of this! That would be such a shame, I would really like to…

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

235 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MORE MUSIC!!

That everyone should be able to have a choice of music!

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A widget/app that would let you embed Kahoot questions into powerpoints or google doc presentations

Then, rather than having one event of a game, you could have a running "check-in" as you present content. Essentially do what clickers do, but better! (because Kahoot is better).

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

For Power Point 2016 users, there’s actually a handy trick you can read more about here:
    http://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/how-to-embed-an-iframe-in-a-powerpoint-presentation/

For Power Point pre-2016 and Google Slide Users, embedding web content is not a feature they offer. This is not something within our control.

But we are looking into ways to embed kahoots! If the medium you’re using allows embedding web-content, you should be able to do something similar to the trick linked above until we come up with more streamlined methods.

5. Autosave drafts!

I spent almost 2 hours making an awesome quiz and the page refreshed somehow and I lost it all. Such a heartbreaking waste of time. Can you make a feature that auto-saves drafts?

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data Information

There should be a way to record student answers to access at a later time to inform instruction and as a way of collecting data. Which would also go along with student accounts so they could "join" a class.

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy and paste questions/answers from MULTIPLE quizzes to make my own quiz.

I would love to have a button next to each question when I view quizzes that would automatically copy that question/answers into my own quiz. I would be able to pull lots of questions from multiple quizzes to make a quiz perfect for me.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Optional "power-ups" to shake things up

Power-ups are given out at certain points in the quiz or when certain conditions are met (perhaps players can even spend points on power-ups for a risk-reward dynamic). All power-ups are lost after one use, and are activated at will, unless otherwise specified. There are different kinds of power-ups that work in different ways:

Point Doubler: Doubles the amount of points you get from your next correct answer. The power-up is lost if you get two wrong answers after its acquisition.

Point Tripler: Same as Point Doubler, but triples points, and is lost if you get even one answer wrong.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Student accounts" so that I can have greater control over nicknames, students have access to past answers, etc.

If students had accounts I could manage who had access to my quizzes, manage nicknames more effectively, and students could have records of performance in past quizzes, and perhaps even review those past quizzes in order to study.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bonus points for each correct answer in a row

I know many students just answer the fast as they can, almost without looking at the alternatives. And for students with trouble reading, they always answer last, and that's not fair.

What I want is, 1 point (or 1000 etc.) for the right answer and 0 for the wrong one. And instead of more points for fast answers, what about bonus points for each correct answer in a row?

Or have a difficulty level on each questions, som if it is a "hard" question, you get more points than if the question was a easy one.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Image Reveal

Please add an image reveal option that would allow a photo to be revealed as time counts down during a quiz. This would add another layer of excitement and engagement for participants. If participants can spot what object is being revealed sooner, they get more points.

Currently people are creating this reveal effect by creating animated GIF files. I know many teachers that use your product. These teachers do not have the time needed to create their own GIF files. It would be great if this feature was built into your product.

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use Google Account for log in rather than letting students enter random nicknames.

Make students log in with Google Drive for better management over who is who.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Leaderbord on/off

I love Kahoot. But I don't like that the leaderboard is shown between all the questions. Wouldn't it be great when I could turn on or off the leaderboard between the questions. I think I would put in on after 5 questions for example. But maybe it is possible to ad a button after each question with "show leaderbord yes/no"

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. copy individual questions from other people's kahoots

copy individual questions from other people's kahoots

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Question Navigation when Starting a Quiz

I often make Kahoot quizzes that I use over multiple days (easier to make one long one instead of multiple shorter ones) but when I come back the next day I have to go question by question to get to where I left off. There should be a navigation option when you start a quiz to either: 1) Start at the beginning or 2) Pick a question to start from

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. making your kahoot public easier

make it easier to make your kahoot's public or private by putting it on settings of your kahoot for everyone

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. kahoot and chat

Maybe something like instigram where can chat and play each others games a stuff

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Public Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add custom music

There should be an option to add custom soundtracks for your quizzes. You can upload a file from the computer, using a video is laggy on my computer, and sometimes, you don't get the background you need for the soundtrack on the video.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base