Ideas

What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have disappearing wrong answer choices over time (accomodations for struggling students)

It would be awesome to see wrong answer choices disappear every 5 seconds or so. This would help limit as many choices for students with IEPs, satisfying teachers duty to provide accomodations for students. It would also boost confidence and allow struggling students a greater possibility to get the answer right.

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kahoot! app?

How about making Kahoot! an app?? This way it would be searchable for other teachers on iTunes, and would be easily stored/accessed on student iPads?

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

In case any of you haven’t come across this yet, we have an article in our knowledge base discussing this:
    https://kahoot.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/357062-does-kahoot-have-an-app-for-ios-or-android

As mentioned in the article, we’re definitely looking into this. While we continue to explore app-creation, we are also making improvements in how our platform behaves on different devices/browsers. The workarounds in that article are worth checking out!

3. Upload sound clips

As a music teacher, it would be great to be able to upload audio files that would begin playing automatically when the question came on screen. This would be amazing!

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for more questions/answer types (several correct answers, matching, sequencing etc...)

I created my first kahoot for a university lecture and was very surprised to hear that students could only select one correct answer per questions. Having the option to give several correct answers will make them think harder and will force them to read the questions and the answers more carefully.
    It would also be very useful to have the ability to ask matching questions, such as which of these authors corresponds with the books listed above (4a, 1b, 2c, 3d or something like that)
    it would be great to ask students to put certain events etc in the correct…

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change settings in game

It would be really nice if you could change the settings during the game.

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the question to appear bigger on the screen with option of no picture

Sometimes the students in the back of the class have difficulty seeing the question at the front of the room. I have no need to use pictures with each question, so I'd like to see the questions be really big.

282 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If students get logged out, they can log back in using the same nickname without losing their previous points.

Logging back into game without losing their points would be awesome. Students get booted out from time to time, either by toggling between apps or wifi connectivity. They get discouraged when their points start over again, so if they could log in (using the exact same nickname) and start where they left off, that would be awesome.

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Being able to create classes in Kahoot.

Teachers can create Kahoot accounts for the classroom. Students can create Kahoots and invite people from the class or display a classmates' game code. This would be super handy for teachers.

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to be able to delete results from "My Results" list

I would like to be able to delete results from my list once I have downloaded them or if I don't need them anymore

264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real name and nickname

I would love to be able to have them put their real name and nickname. The nickname to display on leaderboard but real name for grading purposes in the download.

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Music

Allow us to add our own music to our games so that the music can be related to our game topic/theme. For example, I'm teaching immigration now; I'd love to add songs like "America" and others while the students are playing.

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Being able to switch between "Total top 5" and "Top 5 this question" between Kahoots

When doing a quiz it would be nice to get as many different names as possible up on the screen during a playthrough. "Best players this question" would do that.

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pause the clock

ADD: the ability to pause the clock in a question (more time is needed or the teacher wants to point something out).
    Thanks!

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be good if students could simply play a quiz - without having to launch it.

Teachers could share a link with students that when clicked takes them directly into play mode. They can play at any time this way and don't need to "launch" the quiz.

It means no competitors, but students could use it for revision in their own time. I've looked at GhostMode and I don't think this achieves that.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Lack of character numbers is restricting me from using Kahoots. Please add more characters.

I teach nursing and I need to set up the question at times with a brief scenario. I need more characters. The question and the answers characters are just too short. The students really love Kahoots but I am so limited.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Google Classroom

I want to be able to connect my Google Classroom to Kahoot. This way my students accounts will be linked and I can record their results.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. i forgot my password

i forgot my password

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Public API for using/creating Kahoots

I want the technical team/devs at Kahoot! to create a public API so that people can write programs that can play Kahoot games or create their own and submit it from there

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import questions and answers from spreadsheet or csv file

As a maths teacher I often want to ask lots of similar questions with different numbers to see students' progress at solving a certain type of problem. A really efficient way to make these questions is to write a spreadsheet to generate random numbers and compile questions and and answers from these.
    It would be great if I could copy and paste from this into Kahoot! to automatically make into a quiz.

Cram.com has a similar feature for making flashcards.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Edit time settings across several questions

It would be nice to be able to edit time settings for a selection of or all the question and not only one by one as now.

191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base