Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "team" function.

When students join the Kahoot, the instructor can assign individuals to a team. Each person in the team answers the question and their score is combined with the rest of the team members for the displayed team score.

1,040 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  233 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teacher approved nicknames

The new kick feature is good, but not exactly necessary. Better is to show the teacher the list of nicknames before they are displayed on screen and the teacher must either approve or disapprove. In this way, it cuts out the chance that a student uses an inappropriate nickname that automatically gets displayed on screen, which in turn, could derail the entire class. Taking away the students' ability to be the class clown and detract from the experience seems more efficient and effective than taking a passive approach to nickname approval, such as kicking those whose names have already been…

138 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  April responded

A new Game option called “Name Generator” has been recently added to prevent students from entering inappropriate nicknames. This is already completed.

3. Classroom v, Classroom

Classroom v. Classroom games in real time.

72 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. grade level searching

add to the search engine grade levels: early elementary, upper elementary, middle school grades, and high school, post high school.

52 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  April responded

A new search filter has been added to sort searches according to Grade level. This is already completed.

5. Take attendance/registration with Kahoot!

Use the Kahoot! platform to allow students to "check-in" to their class.

A playful and quick way to take attendance at the start of every lesson. Students use their mobile device and see their name appear at the front of the class - also acts as a quick way into the first quiz of the day.

If you like the sound of this idea, please place your vote! And feel free to add any comments/thoughts on how this could work.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  28 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Having the ability for the creator and participants see the questions

Everyone should be able to view the questions on their own just in case a child may need to see it for themselves if they were to play at home or sitting in class with a bad view

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news!

It is possible for both the creator and player to see the questions beforehand. As a creator, if you click the title of a Kahoot you will be taken to a page that showcases all of the questions and answers.

If you want to share this with players before they join, there is a link that you can send them and they will also be able to review the material.

Happy Kahooting!

8. Sharing as a link

Make it sharable as a link

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Randomize answer choices

Randomize the answer choices so that a game can be played several times and students don't simply memorize the color of the correct answer, but the correct answer itself.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Would like to have the option to scramble questions

If I make a test review game, I may include TONS of questions. If I have extra time in class, I could have the kids play a quick game but would like to be able to randomize the questions so that they may see some questions that we haven't seen in prior games.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Preview entire quiz

It would be nice to have a simple way to preview an entire quiz - questions and answers to check spelling etc, The current preview just runs a quiz...

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Good news, this is already possible! If you click on the name of a Kahoot, you will see a page that shows all of the questions. If you click the ‘Show all answers’ button, you will also be able to review the answers.

Happy Kahooting!

12. 12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It keeps saying that I do not have permission to play this Kahoot

I tried to play Kahoots but every time I launch them it keeps telling me that I don't have permission to play the Kahoot.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be awesome if students could access the games on a website and play them at their own leisure as review

It would be awesome if students could access the games on a website and play them at their own leisure as review

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Login Names

Block certain combinations of letters to minimize profane and inappropriate names.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI there,

We have a profanity filter that checks new nicknames as they are created, and it is being improved on an ongoing basis.

If you do see any offensive names, please do let us know and we will remove them and make sure they are blocked next time.

Happy Kahooting!

16. Previewing a Quiz

I would like to be able to preview a kahoot without taking the quiz.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, this is already possible! If you click on the title of a quiz, you will go through to a page that displays the full list of the questions. You can click the ‘Show all answers’ button to see the answers displayed as well.

Happy Kahooting!

17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make any # of letters for username

It won't let me give what I want

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Button to end game at any time with stats still available

A button for the teacher to click to end the game at any time. 2 of the reasons this would be handy: 1. The bell rings and students have to leave. 2. Students are misbehaving, so the game has to be wrapped up.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! There is a link to do this underneath the purple ‘Next’ button :)

Please note: you would need to turn off the advanced option ‘Automatically move through questions?’ for this to be visible.

20. have rhythms in other language options...such as quarter note, rests, etc.

be able to insert rhythms into answers or into the question box (such as a quarter note, rest, etc.) like a font or symbols for other languages/currency.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base