Ideas

What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for more than one correct answer.

The most correct answer would get 1000 points at full time; while others would still get partial credit for an answer that is somewhat correct, but not the best answer.

1,321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

90 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about allowing different music selections in order to have the Kahoots appear new and different?

It would be good if there were a few different songs that can be attached to a Kahoot in order to have it be different. Can the background tune be changed within a game? or have a feature to add music at different times.

917 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 664 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

240 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a way to store shared groups

Sharing a Kahoot to another teacher where they have the ability to edit is painful if I want to share with multiple teachers.

I would love to store different groups. Ex:
    PreCalc teachers
    All Math Teachers (we have 30+ high school math teachers)
    Algebra II teachers (we have 12 alg2 teachers)

Where I can share with one of my groups (pre-entered usernames)

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. QR Code Game Pin

Add QR code to the log-in screen so students could simply scan the code to enter the game pin (easier for elementary students).

344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have disappearing wrong answer choices over time (accomodations for struggling students)

It would be awesome to see wrong answer choices disappear every 5 seconds or so. This would help limit as many choices for students with IEPs, satisfying teachers duty to provide accomodations for students. It would also boost confidence and allow struggling students a greater possibility to get the answer right.

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kahoot! app?

How about making Kahoot! an app?? This way it would be searchable for other teachers on iTunes, and would be easily stored/accessed on student iPads?

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

In case any of you haven’t come across this yet, we have an article in our knowledge base discussing this:
    https://kahoot.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/357062-does-kahoot-have-an-app-for-ios-or-android

As mentioned in the article, we’re definitely looking into this. While we continue to explore app-creation, we are also making improvements in how our platform behaves on different devices/browsers. The workarounds in that article are worth checking out!

8. Music

Allow us to add our own music to our games so that the music can be related to our game topic/theme. For example, I'm teaching immigration now; I'd love to add songs like "America" and others while the students are playing.

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Public API for using/creating Kahoots

I want the technical team/devs at Kahoot! to create a public API so that people can write programs that can play Kahoot games or create their own and submit it from there

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A widget/app that would let you embed Kahoot questions into powerpoints or google doc presentations

Then, rather than having one event of a game, you could have a running "check-in" as you present content. Essentially do what clickers do, but better! (because Kahoot is better).

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

For Power Point 2016 users, there’s actually a handy trick you can read more about here:
    http://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/how-to-embed-an-iframe-in-a-powerpoint-presentation/

For Power Point pre-2016 and Google Slide Users, embedding web content is not a feature they offer. This is not something within our control.

But we are looking into ways to embed kahoots! If the medium you’re using allows embedding web-content, you should be able to do something similar to the trick linked above until we come up with more streamlined methods.

11. Data Information

There should be a way to record student answers to access at a later time to inform instruction and as a way of collecting data. Which would also go along with student accounts so they could "join" a class.

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use Google Account for log in rather than letting students enter random nicknames.

Make students log in with Google Drive for better management over who is who.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Live chatting

Add an live chat page for people who can't find their questions in the FAQ page

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Offline plays

Be able to play offline. For example, with s Socrative (or other quiz apps) quiz, I can just leave the quiz open and allow kids to take it as many times as they want for review.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change language

Support for more languages!

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Users of Kahoot should be able to search for a game pin.

people should be able to search for a game pin if they want to use their own kahoot account.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Printable Kahoot! Questions for visually impaired students

Question set printout. I have a visually impaired student that can not see the Kahoot! projection on the screen. He can read printed materials. It would be great if I could print the question set for him to read in paper, then he can either play on his phone or on paper, and not be left out of the Kahoot! fun.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow me to easily share the Kahoot with my students so that they can use it at home

I'm finding it difficult to share the Kahoot with my students so that they have access to play it again at home for review. I made the Kahoot public but it's hard to find it, even searching for the exact title in the public search section. Thanks for considering this! I love Kahoot and so do my students!

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a Back-button to repeat a question.

When using Kahoot Survey to introduce, or to check the knowledge in the class for a subject, a Back-button would be nice.
    I ask the question, and the students answer. We see the distribution of the answers, and make the students discuss the question and the possible solutions. Then we repeat the question. When a sufficient number has the correct answer, we may move on to the next question.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base