Ideas

What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import a quiz using a simple spreadsheet format

Ability to import a quiz using a simple spreadsheet with column headers such as this quiz import spreadsheet from socrative.com m.socrative.com/lecturer/templates/socrativeQuizTemplate.xls

Importing quizzes in an easy format is a great way to get teachers to use your product because most popular classroom quiz tools allow a teacher to bring in quizzes they already have made!

1,018 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

138 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Test Mode

Test mode:
    Basically like a kahoot but everyone does it by themselves. They can also see the question on their phone.

619 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  97 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kahoots! should make their own quizzes for school subject and organize them by topic and grade level to help students everywhere

Kahoot! should make their own quizzes. I know that they have an introquiz, but I mean for actual topics for school, like History, Math, Physics, etc. and then they could have grade levels. this could be extremely helpful for students and would expand Kahoot! even more.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  April responded

New search filters such as Grade level and topic have been added to our Discover page. This is already compeleted.

5. Allow teachers to clone questions or copy questions so we dont have to re-type each one also the answer choices

Allow teachers to clone questions or copy questions so we dont have to re-type each one also the answer choices

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

You can now duplicate questions when creating a Kahoot to save from having to re-type questions/answers. Here’s a guide: https://community.kahoot.it/t/kahoottips-how-to-duplicate-questions/234

If you would like to duplicate question from other Kahoots, you can comment/vote on the idea here: https://kahoot.uservoice.com/forums/181012-general/suggestions/6479498-allow-teachers-to-make-a-question-bank-and-then-co

Happy kahooting! :)

Team Kahoot!

6. Make CATALAN language as an avaliable choice for languages

Add as the avaliable languages to choose from, CATALAN language

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy and paste feature for questions

Copy and paste feature not working for creating kahoots quizzes. This would be a huge time saver.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Duplicate Questions

This would allow you to reuse the choices/answers you've already entered, instead of entering them for each question.

For example, I teach German and would use this as a way to review the articles (der, die, das, die) of nouns. If I could duplicate the questions, I wouldn't have retype "der," "die," "das," and "die (pl)" for the answer choices for each question. I would also use the feature when making games to practice verb endings.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I’m happy to let you know that we have now released this feature!

You can duplicate questions, and answers, which will allow you to make incremental changes without copying text. This gives a pedagogical advantage, for example you can create a quiz that contains only a small change between questions, encouraging deeper concentration and focus from your students.

It is also useful for repetition of maths problems, or grammar and sentence structures in language tuition.

Let us know if you find creative ways of using this feature, and happy Kahooting!

Tavi

9. Drag and Drop

Dragging and Dropping Images into Kahoots would save so much time

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Kevin,

This is actually a feature that is already available. While making a Kahoot, you can drag and drop a picture saved from your computer.

Be sure to have an updated internet browser when doing this for the best experience. You can check which browsers we support on the FAQ page.

Happy Kahooting!

- Jae

10. Spanish and Foreign Language Keys

For foreign language it would be great have a convert keyboard to type out the correct annotations for various language questions.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Kahoot Playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple 10 question Kahoots and then be able to string them along in a ‘playlist’ to replicate the idea of themed rounds in an overall quiz. The players and scoring would have to at least roll across each Kahoot in the playlist, but another nice to have would be to have scores per Kahoot with a running grand total.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 or more answer choices for survey

Have 3 or more answer choice possibilities.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Foreign Language characters

I'd like to have an easy way to insert diacritical marks for other languages into my Kahoots. I have had to copy text from a Word document and paste it into the Kahoot system. There must be an easier way to do this.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How to delete account when username/password are forgotten?

How could we delete our account when our username and password is not working?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. let the image used in quizzes flow with the page

Currently the image size is fixed. It would be better to allow it to flow with the page and occupy 100% horizontally/vertically within the designated section. This would allow the screen to be zoomed in/out better.
    All the other elements will reflow on zoom (when using CTRL + +), so not sure why the image won't

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep the drag and drop menu open even after I upload an image.

Once I've uploaded an image, it's not clear how I can change that image (if for instance I clicked on the wrong file or I decided it wasn't right) because the option to 'drag and drop and image has disappeared. If I leave the page and add a new question and then come back the menu has reappeared. Obviously this isn't an ideal solution for the more indecisive of us!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. times tables

how do u get up the leaderboard

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 Ideas

1. Can you put an automatic question-order randomizer in?
    2. Make a "question copy" function for within a quiz.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’re not sure if you’ve noticed, but we have completed both of these requests over the last couple of months.

1. On the orange launch screen at the start of a game, you can select ‘Randomise order of questions?’ to on.

2. You can also now duplicate a question when creating a Kahoot by pressing the white ‘+ Duplicate’ button.

Happy Kahooting! :)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base