What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

After students select correct answer, allow POP-UP with "more background info" on the correct answer BEFORE moving on to the next question.

Hi Kahoot and Kahooters! I think it would be great to be able to allow a pop-up or something similar that would have MORE information on the correct answer after students have selected it.
Example:

These are the Giza pyramids in Egypt. Why were they built?
a. to celebrate the pharoah
b. to communicate with aliens
c. as pharoahs' burial place
d. for religious rites

(Correct answer is C. After selecting C, this could pop up for "more info")

Answer: C , As pharoahs' burial place
The pyramids hide inside them long corridors and galleries, which lead to the funerary chambers of the pharoahs and their relatives, that were once rich in decorations and furnishings.

1,047 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emily Thurman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KahootTheBest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea. This would explain to the students why the correct answer was selected. If it's related to the topic you are studying in class, the teacher should know enough about it to explain to there own students. Also check out my kahoot:

Custom Kahoot: Sports, memes, naming food and movie, and more!

• joanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are using the quiz in a classroom environment you can be the one to explain the correct/incorrect answers
    I do this all the time by re-opening the original question/image and using it as a teaching opportunity to explain why they should have selected a particular answer

• hunghong93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want somewhat similar feature to this. I just need a 'show explanation' button, you know, like the 'show picture' button that appears after my students have all finished choosing their answers. I think this could be easily integrated, we just need to upload another picture. However, I think it will take time for them to make this kind of idea to the 'challenge' mode on students' phone.

Anyway, vote for this everyone!!!

• guarente commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Survey results without the correct answer displayed at first so students can discuss their answer, become invested, then repoll after consulting with their neighbors.

• Perry F. Bruns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This question and its answers have multiple issues. First, "pharaoh" is misspelled. Second, while C is the correct answer, A is not incompatible with the concept, as pharaohs with pyramids were celebrated and well-remembered (for the most part). Also, D is technically not incorrect, as pharaohs were considered incarnations of gods. (As an aside, "lead" is not the past tense of the verb "to lead." That's "led.")

• Paul Laverack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree on how vital this would be. Even the wrong answers can relate to the topic in a way that may bear discussion. The chance to add related facts and background on the answer would enrich the experience greatly.

• Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is critical, to the extent that I've actually looked at competing solutions...
    Seems simple enough to add: a\the option to show a media file that elaborates on the correct answer, before moving on to the next question.

• Emily Thurman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Everyone! Thanks again for voting. If you have friends who Kahoot, please pass this on.

There was a unknown user who replied to this post saying it would be released soon. I contacted Kahoot and they cannot verify the person who commented that.
    Therefore, we still need your votes. Thanks!

• Raymond Xu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a nice idea, but the teacher can still wait on the results screen instead of going forward immediately, and then adding in a few comments about the answer.

• Simen Øian Gjermundsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is happening with this one?
    I really need it for an upcoming quiz, and it is obviously a good suggestion in so many ways!
    The "no points follow-up-question" is not a very good workaround...

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. A competitor product - Socrative - allows you to do this and works similar to Kahoot! although not as much of a game format. You might want to give it a try.

• Gidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any estimated time when this will be ready?
    Will we be able to use this new feature on an existing Quiz?

Thanks,

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea! I think it would be nice to add features like these as options.

• Emily Thurman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you everyone for your votes and comments. Thank you Steffon for your idea!
    Everyone tell your friends and co-workers to vote for this one!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this idea, but want the pop-up to be optional in a couple of ways. If I design a quiz to play in class, as the teacher I want to decide if the pop-ups are turned on or not. It should also be per question- so there's a button (on the screen that shows the bar graph with student answer choices) and you click it IF you want the additional information displayed. That way, students playing individually at home can use it to study but will select only the ones they need help with.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base