What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

kahoot for homework

the ability for students to play this at home. I would love to create Kahoots games with vocabulary and have students do it for homework. They would love it too.

134 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gboncore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminKahoot! Support (Kahoot! Support, Kahoot!) responded  · 

Hi there,

Did you know that if your students have their own accounts they can play a game in Preview mode against themselves?

You can then get them to download the results and email them back to you.

Happy Kahooting!

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Abbee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When using the homework challenge feature it would be more beneficial for students to be able to access the challenge via laptops and computers too.
    Some of my learners do not have a smart phone or tablet to be able to access the homework challenge.

• rbruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Kahoot in businesses. In addition to using Kahoot during the training, I also send homework both for reinforcement of learning and sometimes as a requirement for earning a certificate. I'd like to have the option of letting them take a homework quiz more than once (want to control the number of times) in cases of them using it to learn and review after class. When they are studying to pass a certification exam, it is nice to be able to take the quiz multiple times.
    Thank you!

• Feldhake, Ladonna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to play Challenges at Kahoot.it, without having to use an app. Our school supplies Chromebooks, but for security, students can't download apps. I will try to see if our IT department can add it, but right now, if students don't have a mobile device, or are out of data at the time, they cannot play a Challenge.

• Patricia Regan _ Staff - ReedyCreekMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love love love the new homework challenge feature. There are so many options for me to use it, homework, self-paced learning, and individual learning paths, etc. The problem I am running into is that students must use a mobile device and download the app to complete. I need it to work on computers. My county prefers that we not require students to download apps so a web interface is essential. Also, if students are assigned one in their learning path during school time they need to be able to work on a computer and not a device.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of teachers are switching to Quizzizz because they can give questions as homework, but they can't do it on Kahoot. Could you do that?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the Kahoot.It as homework! However, many of my students won't be able to participate because they don't have a device for Ios or Android.

• ant3774 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Questions also on the student screen, so it could be possible for the students to play outside the classroom (for example as homework) or in classrooms where there is not an interactive board working.

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to launch a kahoot and have participants complete it any time within an assigned time frame (like one week)

• Jaydon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Students aren't always at school playing Kahoot, so it would be really cool to be able to test your knowledge at home in many different ways.

Also as a new users setting up an account at hone, I can't play anything, not even ghosts because there is no one else to play with and I haven't done a quiz yet.

There might already be Kahoots theatre online or public but from what I have figured out the are not easy to get to or find.

I'm there people might have already had similar ideas but I am just trying to help make this happen.

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a homework option so, instead of people using Kahoot live all the time. You could use Kahoot for homework. There are a few things though the questions will have to be on students screens, and if you turn on step two join you will have to make the passcode never change. Overall this would take a while to develop, but it would be worth it.

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making a setting where we can make a kahoot be homework, and people can do the quiz they're teacher assigned them anywhere.

• Brian Wheeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's cool and all, are there plans in the future to enable a spreadsheet of user performance in case they don't send it to you?

• Elisha Noe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the questions came up on the mobile device screens so that students could play on their own.
    It would be helpful if you could assign game codes to students for homework, and they could play them for grades.
    There is a site that does this, but the students like this site better. T
    On that site students still compete against others that are taking and have taken it already that day.

I know that you have the ghost mode feature, but it still doesn't show the questions on the screen. I was hoping that I would be able to assign a list of Kahoots for the students to do when they have down time in the classroom.

Then it would be great to receive a report with scores.

Feedback and Knowledge Base