What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Teacher approved nicknames

The new kick feature is good, but not exactly necessary. Better is to show the teacher the list of nicknames before they are displayed on screen and the teacher must either approve or disapprove. In this way, it cuts out the chance that a student uses an inappropriate nickname that automatically gets displayed on screen, which in turn, could derail the entire class. Taking away the students' ability to be the class clown and detract from the experience seems more efficient and effective than taking a passive approach to nickname approval, such as kicking those whose names have already been displayed.

105 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brandon Kelly shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminApril (Support K!rew, Kahoot!) responded  · 

A new Game option called “Name Generator” has been recently added to prevent students from entering inappropriate nicknames. This is already completed.

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lakendria bogan commented  · 

I really tried to do a khoot but it told me that my email was evalid so i told my mom and she sad just play don't sign in

• vicky commented  · 

I can't enter to do my account, and i really need to do a kahoot for my students, can you pleas help me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

can we remove name generator, it makes it ambiguous among the class as to which "mysterious gazelle" is ethan, nick or rachel.

• _sushi__ commented  · 

i cant name myself Spooky Potato ;-;

• Anonymous commented  · 

The name generator is nice, but too generic if you want to track student performance. I think that Brandon Kelly's moderator approach is awesome. The few silly students derail the class and the log in time takes much longer that necessary.
        Thank you for all of the feedback that you are using to make Kahoot better and bette!

• Fal commented  · 

I'm not sure if there's a generator anymore...if there is, I haven't seen it. :/

(This is coming from a student where about 95% of their class chooses a nickname in a foreign language that means something inappropriate/racist. I'm the one who uses a name like "Woomy" or "Wolverine".)

• Mike Oxbig commented  · 

it is the dumbest feature we cant express out 1st amendment as students and kahoot is lame now we will riot

• lulu commented  · 

dont b a lil bitch

• l.longshaw commented  · 

I freeze the whiteboard so they can't see the names coming up. Anyone using an inappropriate name gets a warning in accordance with our behaviour system.

• Jtwena commented  · 

Allow teachers to assign or approve screen names before having them shown on the screen

• Anonymous commented  · 

maybe it should automatically kick nicknames that are obviously inappropriate

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base