What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

More character space for longer questions

Questions sometimes require more characters than allowed - I understand I can make a picture for very long ones, but that adds more steps and time to try and create a quick warm-up for class which means my teachers are not as likely to use Kahoot.

1,374 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

171 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nigganigganigganigganigganigganigganiggaanigganigganigganigganigganigganigganigganigganigga

PLEASE!!! Could be such a great resource, but the character limit is going to make me DUMB DOWN the questions. If the 95 character limit isn't addressed, Kahoot will only be good for party games and not for school.

• Jessica Henderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quizizz has no character limit! Lagoon should consider that. More teacher will use quizizz so they can input longer questions

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As some member of the staff said 5 years ago, this is a top priority, they are just figuring out the complex algorythms involved. Believe it or not this is just as challenging as sending a human being to Mars. Just be patient, maybe you won't have access to this feature but likely your grandchildren will.

We need more character for long questions. I use kahoot for questions about MIR exam.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting...in reading Kahoots response on how to make longer questions possible.
        Just make a separate document, screenshot it and put the screenshot into the question box?! This makes zero sense, what a waste of time......or Kahoot you could simply increase the character allotment!!

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The word restriction is extremely hard to work with. Why did I pay for this? Not impressed with Kahoot at this point.

• Devin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kahoot, you're almost there...and then you add a character limit and you missed the mark, failing completely. Please read the feedback comments and consider your audience. Also, how about adding digital badges/achievements when quizzes are complete or completed with a certain percent, thereby adding the option for motivation for learners! On a separate note, the bright colors and style currently used is very engaging and helpful, so thanks for that.

I have just landed here and read some of the comments as I too have found it restrictive - particularly as I asked my students to write/deign questions without realising there is a a character limit!! waste of mine and my students time!

• Lon Lovett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is NO reason to limit the size of questions and answers. Someone within Kahoots has a strong opinion about the "best" way to teach and won't admit that the vast majority of users do NOT agree with their opinion at all. It seems so sad to take such a brilliant idea and learning tool like Kahoots and just cripple it so needlessly. Especially when making that change would be SOOOOOOO easy for the team to do. It seems like they could fix that with a few key strokes. If anyone from Kahoots does read this...come on folks. You know this doesn't make sense to anyone but you. Give your customers what they want not what you think they need.

Tell me, which answer is more clear:

e- carrier accepts e- and transfers the e- to next carrier
        electron carrier accepts electrons and transfers the electrons to the next carrier

Word count (or rather, letter count) does not dictate the clarity of questions and answers.
        Wording does, and that is very subjective.

• yctan25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to add image or video into the question and allow more words for questions

Hi. Does the Kahoot Team reply to our feedback? I too am using a paid subscription and am wasting so much time trying to get questions below a very restrictive character limit. Is this being addressed in the near future? Or do I need to find another tool?

This is seriously undermining my companies use of this tool for training. And we have a paid subscription! This really needs to change for me to sell this product as a viable tool to others

I want to use this with my students, but the character limitation in the questions and in the answers is a real problem for me.

Please, help us with this

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base