What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Would it be possible to have REMOTED QUIZZES and not just in class quizzes?

1,721 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Isabel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKahoot! Support (Kahoot! Support, Kahoot!) responded  · 

Hi all!

I just wanted to chime in and say we’re looking into this. For the time being, are you aware that there are several free services that allow you to ‘screen share’ (stream your screen over the internet)? We do this multiple times a week to play together across the company.

Some examples are Google Hangouts, Appear.in, Twitch.tv, Youtube. If anyone has experience with these or others, please feel free to share you insights!

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You wouldn't need a separate feature if you had an option to show answer choices on all screens... give the questions via conference call. This would have the added benefit of *addressing the vastly most requested feature* among your user base.

Stop playing games while you are at work, kahooters!
        Fix the things thousands of people want!

The ability to have a Kahoot run by itself would be awesome. That way we could setup the Kahoot to be access in a CBT(Closed business training) or recorded training. It would be a great addition to let them compete against each others ghosts. That way they can compete against their peers that have taken it before them.

• Henk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem I face is with mixed audiences. Some students are in my classroom, others are remote looking at my shared-screen. When I run a Kahoot the remote-students sometimes see the answers on their device before the shared-screen has updated. So they have not yet seen the question. A nice solution could be to show the question & answers not only on the instructors-screen but also on the students screens. Even better would be if this was an option you could enable/disable, based on need per Kahoot that you start.

• Rachael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely something we need. I would be happy to host remote games over the weekend for students who want to prep, but I cannot. Instead, I have to hope that students understand how to open two browser windows to play. Kahoot is incredible. My kids love it and when they aren't too busy answering too fast, they get a lot out of it (because I put some learning in their learning.. thanks John Green). But we need a way to run the game remotely for the kids who want to prep.

• Ryan Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. It would be nice to if the kids could complete it and AFTERwards see their friends results?

I would like to see student devices display questions and answers. this would solve many problems like, heads in the way, no projectors in classrooms, hospital stay students, extended leave students and out of school hour play.

Make it like Socrative where the teacher has a RM # and can leave the quiz open after school and students can log on as many times as they want and learn at their own pace.

It would be great to be able to play a game remotely. It would be even better it that could be done without every user being a registered user. I teach elementary school and my students love Kahoot!, but their parents are not wild about them signing up for lots of different site services.

This functionality would also support cyber instruction for the days when school is cancelled due to poor weather. :)

• James Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be a very good idea. Currently, the question and answers are only posted on the host client. You should be able to find existing games and join them. Then, the server sends the questions and answer texts to *everyone*, instead of just the host client.

• Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage a brain injury rehabilitation center training new staff takes a significant amount of time and employees are not always engaged in the trainings I've been looking for an app like quiz up or trivia crack that I can customize with company specific questions and answers as well as brain injury specific questions and answers but have been unable to find one there are some but they are restricted to everyone being on the same wifi network or do not show the questions and answers on each device like kahoot it would be nice to let staff play each other when ever they want and have a public score board that all of them can view their high scores

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base