What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Show Questions/Answers On Every Screen/Device

Instead of just seeing four colors, I'd like the option to turn on having the text of the answer show up as well. This is especially helpful for students who have coordination issues reading off a screen and transferring the answer to their device.

7,400 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nicole Baxter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Amber Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider adding this feature--it would really make your product more accessible for ALL students, but especially people who have trouble transferring from board to device.
        Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, put the questions for kahoot on the student devices. It's really hard to have students of all ages look at the projector screen and know what the symbols stand for.

Also, this would be awesome to allow kahooting from remote locations.

• Dani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be SUPER helpful! Especially if we wanted to do a competition with another class!

• school commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it is so annoying when I have to put it on the big screen and that takes to much time.

• Steijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i gave this 3 votes because it would be very handy for student's that are in the back of the class!

No, have the questions on the screen make you special, force kids to be social

• Carrie Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Students have a hard time finding the answer on the projector screen and transferring their answer to their devices they are answering on. Would you be able to add the answer choices to the shape/color block on their device so they could read the answers there as well. This will help for younger students.

• Bre'shawndra Carroll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes they should let the answers show on the I pad because the other students always wait for the other student to put in there answer so that they can copy it.

It would also be a way of enabling visually impaired students to take part because they can listen to the word whereas only listening to the colour is not really helpful in this scenario.

• Kristian Eriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a small buisness that work in diffrent Offices. We love the concept of kahoot, but it is a shame that we cant have a choice of option that makes it possible to have the question and answer on the Devices. since we want to make quiz`es that would allow us to have a joined Activity despite not working in the same building.

Would really love if this could be a feature that you consider adding to Kahoot.

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the issues of putting the questions and answers on the students' devices, wouldn't it be an idea to allow this as a game option for the teacher to set at the beginning of the quiz? Just a thought!

Others have suggested this, just thought I would add my voice too.

• Julie Altier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I understand the concept of the "Blackberry prayer" but I would like to see how much research has gone into different classroom setups and using it with students with disabilities. I have a Smartboard, but I also have a very long narrow room. Students find it hard to see the board and having the questions on their devices helps with sight issues. It also helps those with reading disabilities who have a hard time making the connection between the question, the correct answer, the color/shape of the answer, and then back down to their screen. I like the idea of being able to turn it on or off of their screens.

• AdminKahoot! Support (Kahoot! Support, Kahoot!) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see all the engagement around this feature request. We are evaluating this in context of new game modes, so stay tuned and please keep adding your ideas.

Why does the current game mode not support questions on student screens?

The playing side of Kahoot! is a result of several year's research at the Norwegian University of Technology and Science. Many different approaches were considered, tested and measured for impact in terms of student engagement and learning value.

It was overwhelmingly clear that the unique experience Kahoot! creates within classrooms diminished the moment a student didn't need to look up and away from their personal device. What's known as the "Blackberry prayer" (when a person is fixated on their own device, oblivious to what's happening around them) is something we absolutely want to avoid.

Thus, the Kahoot! we see today is designed to create a fun, social and playful learning environment, engaging students through gaming elements that stimulate healthy competition and a will to learn, and encourage students to communicate and engage in conversation with their classmates around the educational content they are playing - because they are forced to look up to the room around them by having the questions and answers displayed at the front.

For more insights into the research that has gone into Kahoot!, please read these articles linked from the FAQ.

https://kahoot.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/287526-why-don-t-the-questions-and-answers-appear-on-the

• Billy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Students that have vision issues would benefit from this. I did read the article about research, but the font size of the writing on the screen is too small.

• xTranzit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really great idea, using it on the host screen is the worst idea.
        why not have it on all screens? it won't hurt and it will help a lot!

Feedback and Knowledge Base