What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Not show the answer chosen on the screen after the student picks.

Not show the answer chosen on the screen after the student picks. My lower performing students are waiting to pick their answer after my higher performing students. Since they can see the color on the other students screens after the answer is chosen it's very easy for these students to just sit back and not actually answer the question for themselves.

185 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Carter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jorozcob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option that the answer doesnt appear after each kahoot. Maybe an option to make it available

• Darci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if all the students could see their scores listed on the ranking. They have no idea about their progress in the game. It sounds a bit frustrating for some young players who are participating in a certain game.

• Colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than letting the players see their positions after all of the answers are in, keep it off their screens until the latest table is revealed on the big screen. This would definitely add to the tension and fun.

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second Tom Justice's request to have an option to not show the answer.

• bsamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see the option of not showing the top 5 rankings until the end of the game.

• Tom Justice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a feature where I could turn the answers off until after the entire Kahoot has been played. I do not have classroom computers, and some of my students either don't have phones or can't get service in my class. (It depends on their provider) I have these students write the answers on a piece of paper, but some of them wait until the answers are shown.

• Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we take away the rank on the students answer screen management will be much easier. After all the students answer I want to talk about why the answer it was it is. Except the students only think about their rank and yell across the room to try and figure out who is above them. I propose the game not show rank on the students side, rather they can see their rank on the master screen after discussion has happened in a ranking. This will keep students looking up at the master screen for their result.

• my mom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you make it so when you create kahoot you can edit how many players are on leaderboard 5 7 9 etc

• Noah Overcash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey,
        Can you make this a on-off feature? Or at least customizable phrases? Sometimes this feature isn't appropriate for the setting.

• Anh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, Tavi, for the feature of hiding students' answers. However, that worked only on a few computers in my classroom. Is there something I should do to enable it for all computers? Thank you.

• d.beaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ditto Erica's statement!!!! "There is NO reason to display the answer the student selected after they choose it! I have tons of kids that wait to see other students' answers as well!"

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base