What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Open Ended and Multiple Answer Options

With constructed response and multiple correct answers being part of the Common Core assessments, I think it would be very helpful to include these options in Kahoot. It would also be super cool if students could submit a constructed response and then the class could vote on it!

899 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Honeycutt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cathy Goodwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple choice is great - to a point. Short answer would allow greater interaction and prep. For example: what is your paper topic?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree! I teach middle school, and want more of a challenge for my students than multiple choice questions

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be usefull to have chance for asking open questions and mapping answers like a cloud of words or similar answers

• JT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to make Kahoot have 5 possible answer options in the MC questions quizes you create?

• ggiek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple choice is great, but there are times I would love the students to type in their answer. This would really make sure they master the concept and not just recognize the answer.

• Van commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open end questions PLEASE, this has been suggested 4 years ago, shouldnt be that hard

• Jonathan Högg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey there! I absolutely love your quizzes an my students too!!! And i agree absolutely with you: Open ended answers in kahoot would be an great feature.

• Kelli Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the creator of the quiz to input a right answer, or several forms of the right answers the student could type in, and if the student answers in any of those forms they get points. But this will allow them to give their own answers and encourage individual thought process. I would love to see a quiz option that did not require "answer choices" but allowed the student to type their own answer.

• Bernardo Goldfeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey! Thanks a lot for the app, it is great... We are starting a training group this Friday and we are planning to use it a lot... I would just love that it had an option to make open questions

• ch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think I can use Kahoot without this feature. sad but true!

• Alan McShane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Would be a great way to get a group to brainstorm ideas and then see all the ideas offered by the rest and then work on ways of idebntifying or voting the best / most viable suggestions.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base