What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Add images as answers

Text-only answers are not convenient when my topic requires that learners match objects together. Also, it isn't convenient for early K and ESL learners. Instead of there being text in an answer box, I would like an option to upload an image.

2,280 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

179 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support having answers in video or photo format. For some visual language such as American Sign Language, some of our questions need visual/receptive answers rather than text. This would be a great feature for visual languages. This also works well for people with disabilities. For those who may have difficulty reading sometimes the best way to answer a question is through video or photo.

• Steel42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help so you don't have to read it, but just look at the picture, and get the answer.

This will help everyone, especially if you have a kindergartner, they can see it and know what to choose.

It's easy, fast, and simple

Please vote

• Juwi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What should I do to make them read nobody listen to me at all when I lets play Kahoot

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to put a picture as an answer choice. I teach Kindergarten and words are not always appropriate.

• James Pole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) teacher I would love to see this option added to Kahoot. Thank you.

• Maite Hormaetxea Arteta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I felt just like you! My first grade ESL learners are in their process to learn how to write and read in their mother language and would make my classes more fun!

• mcraig-hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually figured out a way to do this. It was not possible to use pictures for the answer choices; so I created a PowerPoint slide and drag the pictures I wanted there. I labelled the pictures image 1, 2 3 etc. Then, the answer choices were Image 1, Image 2, Image 3 etcetera. It worked perfectly!!!! Whoooop!! Whoooop!!!

• JBow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also helpful for me since there are limited math features. Right now I am teaching exponent rules. Soon I'll be on quadratics. I can easily draw/handwrite the options for the choices, but I need to be able to upload the images of the options.

• Akira Sato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful for me to. I teach AP Music theory. It'd be helpful to be able to simple graphic images of music notation as answer choices.

• jkerlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to put picture choices in each color choice block for my visual learners who don't read well.

• svein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With a little creativity, this can be done today:
        Take up to 4 pics, and edit them into one by putting them side by side. Use a text edit function, mark the sections A, B, C, D. Upload the pic and make answer alternatives A, B, C, D...

• Rt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Kahoot with first graders and ESL learners. I would love the option for uploading pictures and words both for answer choices for those first graders that cannot read yet.

• Daniel Greenwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the answers to also include video (the video could be short and loop. Like a GIF really).

This would allow sign language answers to be given. Sign language questions can be given through the inclusion of video as an question.

This would also be useful for video clips of particular scenes in a movie (for example) and participants have to choose the correct one.

Many possible uses for short videos as answers!

Feedback and Knowledge Base