What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Time - on or off

be able to choose if you want to use the length of time feature or not. There are times that I would rather have them think about a question and not rush it.

1,006 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hilde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to have an option to take the quiz without getting points for answering fast. I teach mathematics, and some of my students tend to answer fast without thinking and calculating, just to try to get fast points if they actually get the answer right. These are often the students with the lower skills, so they will then also have the least mathematic outcome of these quizzes.

• AdminKahoot! Support (Kahoot! Support, Kahoot!) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Magnus and Atle, very interesting indeed! Do you see a points system still happening here? If time was removed, one of the games-based (motivational) elements would be removed.... do you think that would impact the experience?

• atle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this idea! This will bring a new dimension to the quizzes.
    Maybe this could inspire a quiz where you actually had to go research the answer before answering the quiz!

• Magnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to turn off time alltogether. I would also like to see time options of 5, 10 and 15 minutes, and no extra points for answering fast. That would encourage the student to really check something out rather than rushing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base