What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Time - on or off

be able to choose if you want to use the length of time feature or not. There are times that I would rather have them think about a question and not rush it.

1,006 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have the option. When my students are doing multiples and factors it would very beneficial to be able to turn off the time.

• Brendap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

120 seconds is not always enough time even for fifth graders to complete complicated fraction computation. I, too, would like the option of turning the timer off or at least, having a wider time span.

• Andrea Søndervik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes I'd prefer that the students used more time to get the answer right, and didn't risk choosing the wrong answer by mistake because of the time pressure, for those most competitive.

I discussed this in class today, and some thought it would increase the chance of more people getting the same score, but I don't think this needs to be a problem, ctanlay not in qiuzzes with 20+ qiestions. Also an option would be to let the time factor count less than at present.

There's another suggested improvement saying the same thing about having the option for points for correct answers but without the time taken changing the number of points. Some questions you need the students to think about the question and work it out and the timer means they just guess because if they get it right they'll get more points than working it out then getting it right.

• Cesar Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give a wider range of wait time. 120 secs is not helping kids to think, reflect and produce a solid work.

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want students to pause and think. The time feature encourages students to guess. Please give the option to disable the time feature!

• Heidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I teach first graders and some of them get anxious with the timer, especially with math problems.

• sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, very useful for younger or exitable students who want to be fastest and don't read the question carefully

I teach algebra to special ed students and often 120 seconds is not nearly enough time for them to process and complete a question. Giving me the option to cancel the time on a specific kahoot would allow me to use this with them.

I would to have the opportunity to length the time limit for individual questions.

• Diana Woodlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With lengthy math problems, the time limit makes it difficult for students to truly have time to work the problems and have meaningful data.

• jschweighoffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By having the timing feature, and not being able to disable it, I can't use the program with my students because I have some students who have to legally get a quiz "untimed." Bummer. The program looks engaging but I can't use it. :(

• sharla.adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to be able to turn it off. I just want to leangthen it a little for very advanced classes like AP calc

Yes. Please. And to have the option to disable the timer sound if we want to., or change it.. It creates tension..

Feedback and Knowledge Base