What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Time - on or off

be able to choose if you want to use the length of time feature or not. There are times that I would rather have them think about a question and not rush it.

1,006 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I work in an adult upgrading room, they love the software and the experience but I can't use it unless the timer is shut off. Please make this an option! Thanks!

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate being able to turn off the timer so my students wouldn't rush through the questions

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love that! It is so fun to play for points sometimes. But I can also use Kahoot for pretests because the questions are scored and put into an excel spreadsheet! I don't want them rushing to get the answer, I would like to see what they know. It would be great to have a "no timer" option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as everybody else, I would love Kahoot, if only there weren't a time limit. Please make the time limit optional.

Please make this feature happen - it would make the system much more friendly for activites requiring some thinking.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how many votes does it take to get something implemented?

• Deanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have students who have 504s that basically allow them to take a quiz or test for any time length. I can't let them take a kahoot quiz because I will get "hung by my toes" for not following their 504. I love Kahoot, but really don't understand why the timer cannot be turned off. It sounds like a simple fix to me. So, DO IT!

• heumann_rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I teach in a special ed. classroom, and some of my students have slow processing speeds. The students enjoy the information in a game setting but the timer is a bit too much for them to handle. Please make it an option!

Yes Please! I use kahoot to teach my lessons and I need more time to talk before I let them choose what they think the correct answer.

Yes! This is exactly the comment I was going to make. Some of my students are low level readers and need a lot of time to read and think. I'd also like to be able to do this for "public" quizzes.

• Riaz Abdulla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely want to turn time limit off or at least have the ability to enter my own time limit

• Crystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to turn the time off especially for upper level math problems that can take awhile to work out.

• S Ambris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is what I do
    Every question appears twice (back to back). The first time I set the question (no point value) for 2 minutes of "think time". The answer choices are "?" and "?" and they are both correct. Students can ring in if they want, but the question won't advance because I am playing and will hold out on answering. This gives my slower working students a chance to o calculations.

The following question is the same question with actual answer choices (1 correct, 3 incorrect), this time worth points. The students should have an answer instead of guessing just to earn points.

They hated it at first, but some appreciated the extra time to process

• Ms B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. They get competitive and care more about being the fastest rather than actually finding the answer. It is hard for me to use it as an assessment tool if they are rushing and not really thinking.

• Jamie Humlicek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love that option along with a couple longer time limit options. I teach math (Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, College Algebra, and Trig), and many of the problems either need longer time limits or no time limit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base