What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Time - on or off

be able to choose if you want to use the length of time feature or not. There are times that I would rather have them think about a question and not rush it.

1,006 votes
Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like such an easy fix. I really hope Kahoot would have done something to solve this issue by now.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using this optional feature, once the answers are visible, a thinking time of say 15 seconds, or as specified by the creator of the Kahoot, would have to pass before students can answer. So, students can see the question and the answers, but they can't submit an answer yet, and the countdown timer has not started yet. This would encourage a more well-considered answer.

This is necessary for some math problems. I am a technology integrationist and I can't integrate this into math classes without the time turned off.

I would like to be able to pause a game so that I can discuss why an answer is right or wrong with my students.

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I would love to have that option. I have students who answer to quickly to get the extra points.

i would love to be able to turn off the timer. Sometimes we have technology issues that throw someone off. We get them back on, but they lose points for that question. This is frustrating to students.

• baustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like for kahoot to have the option of turning off the timing. Students have different fluency levels and processing speeds. I would rather the student work at answering the questions correctly rather than getting an answer in within a specific time.

• Gabby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like there to be an option where there is no time limit. With math questions it's hard for all students to finish within 120 seconds.

• Helen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone working in education understands that assessments based on time test fluency, NOT intelligence, ability, or comprehension of the subject matter. I think the premise of Kahoot is great, but as with many teachers, am not comfortable with it's use in the classroom because it is not a level playing field. All students process information at different rates, intellectually and physically. Additionally, if there is a student in the classroom on an IEP or 504 plan that specifically requires extra time, it's use constitutes a FAPE (Free and Appropriate Education) violation because certain accommodations cannot be implemented. When the option of working without a timer is added, Kahoot will get the green light.

Feedback and Knowledge Base