What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Time - on or off

be able to choose if you want to use the length of time feature or not. There are times that I would rather have them think about a question and not rush it.

1,006 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Time on or off
    OR
    PAUSE BUTTON!!!!! come on people....learning doesn't happen with a time limit

• Jasmine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with students with special needs. The maximum time limit of 120 seconds is not enough time for them to process and solve the problems especially if this is a newly introduced skill. Therefore I unfortunately will not be using kahoot.

• Pam Freund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Timing off would be helpful as it would allow for more discussion and explanation.

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented it's already been 3 years, almost 4....

This was suggested in 2013.... why has nothing been done about it... there are over 1300 Votes for this.

• S Aslam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I teach maths and I would also like an extended timer or the option to turn off the timer. My preference would be for an extended timer that would allow up to 6 minutes in order to cater for exam questions which could take 6 minutes.

• R. Ellison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are times when timing is appropriate, but there are other times when it isn't. I teach Math and I would LOVE to use this with my students because it is engaging and motivating, but I need them to have the time to actually solve problems. Please make an option to turn off the timer when necessary!

• steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used to be able to assign times as well as choose no timer at all. Please restore this!

• Kelly Rohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use your awesome site in my intensive reading class because I can't turn the timer off. Kahoots are largely motivating for my kiddos, but they are struggling readers......I need them to be able to have time to comprehend the question and then time to determine the correct answer before just guessing when the time gets low. PLEASE give us the option to turn the timer off. Thanks!

• SkyTiff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do like this idea but it's not really a good idea to take off time because what about the FSA's for Florida residents. You are timed on that and the time limit is like a mini FSA training

I would also like to be able to delay the opportunity to answer the question - for example, lock down the opportunity to respond after 30 seconds. Give kids "think" or work time before rushing to answer.

For Kahoot to be of any use in colleges/universities, the instructor should have the option to turn off the timer.

• Germán Sáez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also think there should be an option to turn the timer off or to set the time to more minutes. Now 120 seconds is not enough for our questions in mathematics of a polytechnic university.

I'm fucking mad at this stupid ass ratchet ass website that sucks dick because first of all I was in the middle of making a long survey and you just executive bitch no I meant exed it out like a fucking retard because it took me for fucking ever to make it then when I am in the middle of looking up a picture to put in it your stupid ass reloads to nothing like YOU R yeah that's right u stupid hoe u don't even deserve me to spell out are you dry ass cunt . So my SUGGESTION is to kill yourself

• Mrs. Lauren Phelps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this feature, as would my students. We use Kahoot! and Quizizz a lot, and although the majority of students like Kahoot better, they all complain about the fact that they feel rushed. Even if I give them a whole minute, many will just click immediately so they can get more points. Quizizz allowed maximum points for any correct answer, even if it took you longer to answer. I think this is more beneficial to students in the long run.

Also, I saw someone else said this in their comment, but I like the idea of delaying the ability to choose answers for a matter of time, so the kids can have more time to think about it before clicking. Great suggestion!

Feedback and Knowledge Base