What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Time - on or off

be able to choose if you want to use the length of time feature or not. There are times that I would rather have them think about a question and not rush it.

1,006 votes
Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. How can this quiz module be so popular without giving the users the option to turn off the unfair timer?!

Yes. How can this quiz module be so popular without user being able to turn off the unfair timer?!

Yes, PLEASE add an on/off switch for the timer. 1) We want them to consider the question carefully, and 2) If I award extra credit for Kahoot winners, I want slower readers and non-superstars to have a chance.

• Torstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm joining in: as a teacher, I want to use kahoot but without making students rush their thinking too much when answering. I would like the option to make my questions give points, but not have the points be dependent on when the answer was given (as long as within the time limit).

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had multiple college faculty tell me they don't want to use Kahoot because the 5 seconds currently given to read the question and additional 5 seconds to read and discuss all the answer choices is unfair and stressful for students with learning disabilities and test anxiety. I would be fantastic if we could switch off the time limit and make all correct answers worth the same points regardless of how long it takes a student to respond.

• KMH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the timer should be optional. Lack of an 'off' switch greatly limits when and how a Kahoot quiz can be used.

• POTATO X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed great idea to give the kahoot team hope you get enough votes from the kahoot community. :)

• Michael Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to integrate this into weekly safety meetings and give employees from Monday through Thursday to answer before we draw a winner on Friday.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this. I only use Kahoot occasionally because I do not want speed to become the default mode for my students.

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to use this more in the morning in our classroom, but I would like my students to be able to start their day with one question. I want them to be able to start when they arrive and then have two minutes to solve it.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. Math class is not about speed! Getting the same reward for taking your time should definitely be supported by Kahoot. I agree that there should be an option to select that awards all correct answers the same amount of points, and incorrect answers are worth zero. Students will be more encouraged to think and process their answers instead of just trying to be the first to answer.

I made my first kahoot with different time spans depending on the difficulty of the question. To my surprise in one class the kahoot went much faster. Then the students explained that the next question begins as soon as all 'gamers' have answered. This is really not the idea for me, they do not learn this way, but just become over excited and click at random. Has this been changed by now?

• martin.trillot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed somtimes the right answer is not the obvious one. Student rushing to answer may not think enough before answering. In these contexts, the purpose is learning not evaluating their speed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base