What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Make it possible to randomize the order of the questions. And have the option to put them in any given order

This will make quizzes more easy to repeat, without the participants just remembering the order of the answers. Especially in a classroom setting.
A quiz about f.ex; countries in Europe, would be able to be replayed after new information about the topic has been presented. Having the questions show up in a different order will challenge the player to think more about the question before answering

514 votes
Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

atle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminKahoot! Support (Kahoot! Support, Kahoot!) responded  · 

Hi there,

Some good news from Kahoot! HQ – we have just released a feature that you voted for!

You can now randomize the questions on a Kahoot, allowing you to reuse the same quiz several times but with variation to keep your students paying attention.

We hope that you enjoy this new feature, if you have any comments or feedback, please get in touch.

Happy Kahooting!

Tavi

15 comments

Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this randomize question feature be used when you assign home work on the mobile app by issuing a challenge?

• Cheshire.Kitty17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea. I would love to be able to "shuffle" my quiz questions so that the people playing can't just memorize the answer order.

• Landa Paradise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am not able to reorder the questions which makes the review not as beneficial for students.

• Tammy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to re-order questions from a quiz I created and already used, but the re-order function doesn't work!

• Kaitlyn Fugel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes yes yes I hope this feature is coming out VERY soon!! I made a very large vocabulary review Kahoot for the state standardized test prep (172 questions), and am killing myself trying to randomize them! HELP!

• Michael W Kessler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad the Kahoot Team is addressing this feature. Like a few posters before me, I'd like to make large quiz of 50+ questions for an end review of a lit book unit. Going back to manually reorder the questions will be very time consuming but necessary for the now.

Thanks Kahoot team, my class loves your software! Way to go!

Is there a way get on an email list of when Kahoot puts out changes/upgrades features like this ability to automatically randomize the order of quiz questions?

MK

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen... I want to build a huge one with 100+ questions. Need it to be random everytime we play... Thanks.

• AdminKahoot! Support (Kahoot! Support, Kahoot!) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Morgan, thanks again for your suggestion! This is an interesting idea and ties in with another request to randomise or manually change the order of questions. We have put it into our development plan!

Thanks for your continued support and usage.

Jamie
    Co-Founder & Lead Designer

• AdminKahoot! Support (Kahoot! Support, Kahoot!) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Atle, very glad you said that - we have it in our development plan! The ability to randomise the order of answers within questions is coming very soon. A bit further down the line will come the ability to randomise the order of questions, or even manually re-order them.

Along these lines, we will also be introducing new game modes a bit further down the line - this will be another way to test the retention of knowledge from players.

Many thanks for taking the time to engage in Kahoot! and suggest new ideas - keep them coming! Hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie Brooker
    Co-Founder & Lead Designer

Feedback and Knowledge Base