What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

Eliminated from game if you get the answer wrong. PLEASE VOTE

My students sometimes make careless mistakes because they want to answer quickly rather than accurately. We tried it in class yesterday, if they missed a question they were out of the game. The goal was to get to the last question, the points did not matter. I found that they did better when they had time to look at the question and choices without being concerned about points

1,106 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tyler Barney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it is optional, maybe. Some kids might accidentally bump the wrong button by mistake. Yes, I know that some kids just tap quickly in hopes of getting points, but kicking people out kind of just sounds bit rude. Oh, I guess I made a mistake, I guess I am now excluded. I get the point, but this sounds a bit specific.

• Brighton Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds fun, great, and a great category to choose because it will see who just wants to win and who wants to learn better. ;)

• tubiky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SOMETIMES that mode is needed like for competition or having fun. But I think the biggest strength of kahoot is to make every single student get involved in lesson activity for learning. So I'd rather say that it would be an option available to choose.

I think that's a good idea, but I also think that you should have a choice on whether or not you can choose that mode.

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. However, the game sometimes glitches and "kicks the person off" of the game. Or, sometimes, the computer system will glitch and automatically click a random answer. But other than those scenarios, I fully agree and you have my vote!

This is exactly what I'm looking for! We're hosting an alumni meeting and we just want to have a fun quiz to see who is the smartest. I don't know if it's mentioned but it should be programmed so that when no one's left but there are still questions left everyone is allowed to join again for the remaining questions.

And ofcourse this can just be a setting you can turn on, as I see so many people afraid this would replace the current method.

It will be really unfair for the children as they just want to win so it is better how the Kahoot quizzes is set out.

• KahootTheBest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea is not well thought out. You may enforce this in your own classroom, and if they get there the question wrong, simply delete them out of the game, or make sure they are required to log off.

• Chandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this, I wouldn't make this a feature for all quizzes, of course. You could have something like an Elimination Mode, or as someone else said, Last Man Standing.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base