Ideas

What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow teachers to share a Kahoot with their student for them to use as a study guide.

I don't want to make my Kahoots available to the world since the questions I use are similar to my test questions, but at the same time I would like to give them to students who need them. Perhaps a temporary link that lasts for about 48 hours and lets students access a Kahoot and quiz themselves? Something similar to the preview feature would most likley work.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for making a suggestion. Good news though, this is already possible! If your students have their own Kahoot! accounts, you can use the Share functionality to share a private Kahoot.

Have a look at this FAQ article for more information: https://getkahoot.com/support/faq/#can-my-students-play-from-home

If they play a shared game from their own account, they can use Preview mode and then send you the download of their results for marking.

I hope that you enjoy giving this a try, and Happy Kahooting!

2. Classroom v, Classroom

Classroom v. Classroom games in real time.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. export summary stats on number of correct answers per user, not just player scores

quiz results ought to contain also number of correct answers per user besides player scores. Currently this is only available on the individual worksheets, which makes it difficult to tally up number of correct answers per player

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all, this is Team Kahoot! here! Just to let you know, we have now updated our results spreadsheet.

You can now see how every student performed in a game in one overview, with how many right/wrong answers they got, and what they answered for each question.

Download it after your next Kahoot! game to see!

Thanks for your suggestions and for taking the time to feedback to us. Happy Kahooting! :)

4. Duplicate Questions

This would allow you to reuse the choices/answers you've already entered, instead of entering them for each question.

For example, I teach German and would use this as a way to review the articles (der, die, das, die) of nouns. If I could duplicate the questions, I wouldn't have retype "der," "die," "das," and "die (pl)" for the answer choices for each question. I would also use the feature when making games to practice verb endings.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I’m happy to let you know that we have now released this feature!

You can duplicate questions, and answers, which will allow you to make incremental changes without copying text. This gives a pedagogical advantage, for example you can create a quiz that contains only a small change between questions, encouraging deeper concentration and focus from your students.

It is also useful for repetition of maths problems, or grammar and sentence structures in language tuition.

Let us know if you find creative ways of using this feature, and happy Kahooting!

Tavi

5. Allow the teacher the option of making a Kahoot available to students.

Allow the teacher the option of making a Kahoot available to students. This game has the potential to be a high-tech version of flashcards. Teachers could create a Kahoot and the students could play with it at home. If there would be an option to randomize the order of the questions and randomize the order (A,B,C,D) in which the answers are given, it would be even better--it would be more difficult for the students to memorize the sequence of the answers.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. grade level searching

add to the search engine grade levels: early elementary, upper elementary, middle school grades, and high school, post high school.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  April responded

A new search filter has been added to sort searches according to Grade level. This is already completed.

7. Show A Video Before Players Can Answer

This would force students to have to watch all of the video before committing to an answer.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Saving Kahoots

Can you make it possible by saving Kahoots in either me or favorites?

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag and Drop

Dragging and Dropping Images into Kahoots would save so much time

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Kevin,

This is actually a feature that is already available. While making a Kahoot, you can drag and drop a picture saved from your computer.

Be sure to have an updated internet browser when doing this for the best experience. You can check which browsers we support on the FAQ page.

Happy Kahooting!

- Jae

10. Adding a way to kick people who joined after game has started

I think this would be a good idea to have if someone creates an inappropriate name that you don't see, or if someone outside the class joins randomly.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for voting on this idea.

Our team have been hard at work looking for a solution for this, and we have some good news. You can now kick people out of the game by clicking their name on the scoreboard. This means that if someone enters the game with a rude nickname, you can remove them at any point in the game.

Thanks!

Tavi

11. 42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. christmas

Christmas because it is coming up

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Different color for the yellow or gold rectangle.

My students say that the color of the yellow or gold rectangle is hard to see - maybe make it purple or some other color.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We have increased the contrast of the yellow and green answer options, meaning the colours are darker and the white text stands out more.

This is a “first phase” enhancement, and there are many more ideas to come. This is because every projector, screen, TV etc interprets colours differently, and when this is taken into account with room brightness, distance from screen etc etc, it’s a big challenge to satisfy every scenario! However, we are working to provide more flexibility and ultimately create a perfect experience for everyone.

Would be great to hear if you notice a difference in readability here. Whilst the colour tweak may look fairly minor, it satisfies the colour contrast tool we use to measure, and also doesn’t compromise the experience for those users where legibility of lighter colours was absolutely fine on their own setup.

Would love to hear feedback in the comments…

14. Take attendance/registration with Kahoot!

Use the Kahoot! platform to allow students to "check-in" to their class.

A playful and quick way to take attendance at the start of every lesson. Students use their mobile device and see their name appear at the front of the class - also acts as a quick way into the first quiz of the day.

If you like the sound of this idea, please place your vote! And feel free to add any comments/thoughts on how this could work.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  General usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make a solo feature

Make a solo feature so students can play it for revision or just for fun without having to create a game pin and use a second device

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spanish and Foreign Language Keys

For foreign language it would be great have a convert keyboard to type out the correct annotations for various language questions.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 'Single player' mode - Play a quiz by yourself

Quickly preview quizzes you create to see if they are correct, or play quizzes created by others, on your own. Without the need to sign in from a smart device, you can instead answer directly on the quiz options from your laptop or tablet.

If you like the sound of this idea, please place your vote! And feel free to add any comments/thoughts on how this could work

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  261 comments  ·  Playing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Recovery of lost Kahoot Quiz file

Recovery a lost Kahoot Quiz how to put it back in there

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

606 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Kahoot Playlists

I would like to be able to create multiple 10 question Kahoots and then be able to string them along in a ‘playlist’ to replicate the idea of themed rounds in an overall quiz. The players and scoring would have to at least roll across each Kahoot in the playlist, but another nice to have would be to have scores per Kahoot with a running grand total.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Managing Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base