Ideas

What would make Kahoot! more awesome?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6,055 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Kahoot!
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1714 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add images as answers

Text-only answers are not convenient when my topic requires that learners match objects together. Also, it isn't convenient for early K and ESL learners. Instead of there being text in an answer box, I would like an option to upload an image.

2,351 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1,486 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  156 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More character space for longer questions

Questions sometimes require more characters than allowed - I understand I can make a picture for very long ones, but that adds more steps and time to try and create a quick warm-up for class which means my teachers are not as likely to use Kahoot.

1,413 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After students select correct answer, allow POP-UP with "more background info" on the correct answer BEFORE moving on to the next question.

Hi Kahoot and Kahooters! I think it would be great to be able to allow a pop-up or something similar that would have MORE information on the correct answer after students have selected it.
    Example:

These are the Giza pyramids in Egypt. Why were they built?
    a. to celebrate the pharoah
    b. to communicate with aliens
    c. as pharoahs' burial place
    d. for religious rites

(Correct answer is C. After selecting C, this could pop up for "more info")

Answer: C , As pharoahs' burial place
    The pyramids hide inside them long corridors and galleries, which lead to the funerary…

1,051 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open Ended and Multiple Answer Options

With constructed response and multiple correct answers being part of the Common Core assessments, I think it would be very helpful to include these options in Kahoot. It would also be super cool if students could submit a constructed response and then the class could vote on it!

911 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More answer options

Hi, is there any plans to increase the number of answers from 4 to 5 or 6?

889 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

178 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Making quizzes collaboratively

It would be great if i could have my students making questions on a given topic. I could register a new quiz and give it a name. A "question maker pin" is genereated. The students go to a web page with an open version of the screen for making questions; Similar to the one i use, but with a space for entering the pin. When a student has made a question and entered the pin, the question is added to my quiz. I can review and edit the quiz before using it in class.

This would also be a perfect…

782 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change a Quiz to a Survey or Survey to a Quiz

I wish to be able to edit my Kahoot by changing it from Survey to Quiz based on if I want it to be for a score or not.

500 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 487 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Student accounts without emails

Teachers should be able to sign up classes with just the teacher e-mail address.

334 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upload sound clips

As a music teacher, it would be great to be able to upload audio files that would begin playing automatically when the question came on screen. This would be amazing!

309 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for more questions/answer types (several correct answers, matching, sequencing etc...)

I created my first kahoot for a university lecture and was very surprised to hear that students could only select one correct answer per questions. Having the option to give several correct answers will make them think harder and will force them to read the questions and the answers more carefully.
    It would also be very useful to have the ability to ask matching questions, such as which of these authors corresponds with the books listed above (4a, 1b, 2c, 3d or something like that)
    it would be great to ask students to put certain events etc in the correct…

287 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow the question to appear bigger on the screen with option of no picture

Sometimes the students in the back of the class have difficulty seeing the question at the front of the room. I have no need to use pictures with each question, so I'd like to see the questions be really big.

283 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import questions and answers from spreadsheet or csv file

As a maths teacher I often want to ask lots of similar questions with different numbers to see students' progress at solving a certain type of problem. A really efficient way to make these questions is to write a spreadsheet to generate random numbers and compile questions and and answers from these.
    It would be great if I could copy and paste from this into Kahoot! to automatically make into a quiz.

Cram.com has a similar feature for making flashcards.

195 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Edit time settings across several questions

It would be nice to be able to edit time settings for a selection of or all the question and not only one by one as now.

195 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Autosave drafts!

I spent almost 2 hours making an awesome quiz and the page refreshed somehow and I lost it all. Such a heartbreaking waste of time. Can you make a feature that auto-saves drafts?

172 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy and paste questions/answers from MULTIPLE quizzes to make my own quiz.

I would love to have a button next to each question when I view quizzes that would automatically copy that question/answers into my own quiz. I would be able to pull lots of questions from multiple quizzes to make a quiz perfect for me.

170 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 154 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Image Reveal

Please add an image reveal option that would allow a photo to be revealed as time counts down during a quiz. This would add another layer of excitement and engagement for participants. If participants can spot what object is being revealed sooner, they get more points.

Currently people are creating this reveal effect by creating animated GIF files. I know many teachers that use your product. These teachers do not have the time needed to create their own GIF files. It would be great if this feature was built into your product.

150 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Creating Kahoots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base